From time to time, we are in need of inspiration. Below some wise words for creative women, from creative women.
#1 You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
- Maya Angelou (poet, singer, memoirist, and civil rights activist)
#2 Creativity is inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes, and having fun.
- Mary Lou Cook (actress)
#3 It’s through mistakes that you actually grow. You have to get bad in order to get good.
- Paula Scher (graphic designer, painter and art educator in design)
#4 Forget yourself. Become one with eternity. Become part of your environment.
- Yayoi Kusama (artist)
#5 Creativity comes from trust. Trust your instincts. And never hope more than you work.
- Rita Mae Brown (writer, activist, and feminist)
#6 The soul should always stand ajar. Ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.
- Emily Dickinson (poet)
#7 The things we fear most in organizations—fluctuations, disturbances, imbalances—re the primary sources of creativity.
- Margaret J. Wheatley (writer and management consultant)
#8 The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.
- Sylvia Plath (poet and novelist)
#9 It was anger more than anything else that had set me off, roused me into productivity and creativity.
- Mary Garden (operatic soprano)
#10 Controversy is part of the nature of art and creativity.
- Yoko Ono (artist, singer, songwriter, and peace activist)